Biotherm recently launched their very first Aquasource Evermoist C.C Cushion, and the team was extremely kind to send me some love. Blame the balloons for bribery, but I had to try it the minute I came home after work.
(FYI: This is a non-paid post that I’m typing at 12.16am right now. I get new products sent to me now and then, and if I blog about them it’s written on my own accord.)
#1 question – what makes it different from tons of other BB or CC (next time DD, EE? Lol) creams? I’ve broken down the scientific terms like “contains Brightening Symwhite” to explain it in layman terms.
#2 question – expensive or not? Thankfully, no. 1 case & 2 refills are retailing at $69 and there’s a launch promo going on.
Read more for details.
Here are 6 reasons why you should try it:
- It’s a GOOD SKINCARE BRAND: Biotherm is well known for skincare hydration, and now they integrated it into a cosmetic base. It makes sense for anyone to pay attention to skincare brands that launch makeup instead of the other way round. That’s just my rule, I always value skincare over cosmetic products.
It has ADENOSINE: Adenosine is present in our body cells and is able to boost the levels of proteins such as Collagen and Elastin (which are responsible for strength, elasticity and structure of our skin) in our body. It is a good anti-inflammatory ingredient to minimize lines and wrinkles while improving smoothness. Researchers are also looking into its positive effects on viruses, the central nervous system, and hair growth. To know more, here’s a research on how Adenosine helped wrinkles as compared to other ingredients.
It has SPF 23: a no brainer, it protects the skin from UV rays which will cause age spots
It has BRIGHTENING SYMWHITE: a whitening agent developed by researchers which has antioxidant properties that is considered effective in reducing pigmentation (those brown spotty dots), and therefore able to lighten the skin. It is partially derived from natural lightening compounds found in scotch pine bark.
It has POLYMER GEL: reduces redness and blemishes. Here’s a research in 2013 that compares the effect of wound healing with and without multifunctional polymer-based gels. As stated, “these preclinical studies show that the anti-microbial polymer gel not only supports but also accelerates healing of bacterially contaminated wounds.”
- It has BIOTHERM’S LIFE PLANKTON: This living micro-organism was found in the waters of the Pyrenees mountains, and after 60 years of research, biologists have found a way to maintain its regenerative potential via Fermogenesis — preserving it in its purest form with 35 nutrients intact and at a concentration of 5% for better cell renewal.
- It smells like I just walked out of the shower and even though I doubt anyone’s going to smell my face (except my boyfriend), it makes me feel clean.
- Very good coverage without having to spam.
- It seems okay for my sensitive skin. I so happened to be having rashes & hives recently which resulted in a major product purge, hence I wanted to be a guinea pig and test different products to see if it makes my skin itch. Thankfully, it didn’t.
- It leaves a very nice glowing sheen if I’m in the mood to be a K-drama queen.
- Lasts long, provided I set it with a bit of powder after.
- It truly hydrates. I have dry skin so I can really tell the difference
I don’t know how to fully explain this but… I’ve tried many different BBs/CCs etc and this just ticks all the right boxes.
- I wish they offered a “trial kit” e.g with 1 case + 1 refill instead of having to pay for 2 refills…just in case it doesn’t work for some girls. (or maybe they’re too confident you’ll love it)
- Still being budget, I think they should offer 1 case + 1 refill at maybe $48? Currently mass market brands can charge up to $38 for just a plain foundation that’s “from Korea” so I’m sure any young girl in the right mind will top up $10 for all the skin benefits?
- For hygiene purposes, especially in liquid form, they should consider giving more application pads for replacement.
From 1 to 14 March 2016, trade in your old CC/ BB Cushion/ Foundation at any Biotherm counters to get a FREE Case (worth $17) with purchase of the NEW Aquasource Evermoist CC Cushion Refills -1 case & 2 refills @ $52 (U.P. $69).
It is available in 2 shades: Fair Beige and Natural Beige.
That’s all, hope this helps!